Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 9, Road Trip

So! Updates about my life:

1. I am moving to Jackson, Wyoming! Exciting!

Okay...some of you may ask: Why? Well, there are a number of reasons. First, I have always wanted to be a ski-bumb. PLUS I really want to experience the West. Second, I actually got a pretty sweet part-time teaching job out in Victor, ID, which is right next-door. I will be working as an after school counselor, pre-school teacher, and intern. This may turn into a full-time teaching gig next year, too! Third, I want to see where things go with Sam. Fourth, I want to get out of my parents house and go see a new place in the world! I'm 23 and it's time to be out of the nest!

2. I bought myself a Subaru Outback. It has some problems (it's a 2001), but it's a good little car. I'm excited.

3. I interviewed for a teaching fellowship in NYC, and also had a phone interview for a co-teacher program in Philadelphia. We'll see how both go! I have my final interview with Citizen Schools (AmeriCorps program) on the 11th.

4. I am currently road tripping across country! After spending time with some old college friends in NY, I got to see my cousins in CT. I also briefly saw Brittany (in Ohio) and Ethan (in Missouri), both former members of PC-Tanzania who left early like me.

Anyway, I am experiencing the mid-west for the first time outside of my visit from Chicago!

My route:

Limerick, ME --> Enfield, CT --> Columbus, OH --> St. Louis, MO --> Denver, CO --> Jackson, WY

Miles: 193 miles + 696 miles + 414 miles + 850 miles + 529 miles = 2, 682 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment