Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 17, In Jackson

I am currently figuring out things here in Jackson. I'm currently staying with Sam and his roommates Tom & Barb--super nice, hospitable people! I have a part-time gig in Victor, ID at the Teton Community School. I am working some at the preschool and also at the after-school program there. I may also intern in the elementary classes, but we'll see how my schedule works out. Driving the pass isn't optimal, but I'm not sure if I really want to get housing in Victor. It is cheap out there, but I kind of want to stay in Jackson/am hoping to get employment here.

I went snowboarding on Tuesday and it was A-MAZ-ING. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Excited to go again soon!

Other updates:

  • I slammed my finger in the car door on Monday. It is sort of concerning now since it's still very swollen/numb/discolored. I feel like the tip of my finger may actually be broken, but I don't think there's much to do for that. 
  • My car had to be fixed AGAIN--spark plugs were causing the engine to buck and the "check engine" light to flash. Problem resolved at Sue's Roos down in Idaho. What-what.
  • Xbox is officially set up. New games bought. Netflix capabilities established. 
  • I love the grocery stores here. Epic Jade-friendly-food-options.
  • It is BEAUTIFUL out here! Really digging it so far. I am very happy I came out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment