Saturday, December 29, 2012

December 29, All Mixed Up

So, I am currently contemplating my next big move. This is difficult because I do need to take my health into consideration, but at this point, I don't like the idea of my stomach running my life, and I can't afford too many doctor bills. I wish the process to get health coverage through FECA was simpler/more guaranteed. For now, I have a limited supply of funding (incidentally the silver-lining of being run over in 2011...basically I'm living off of my insurance settlement money) and a lot of big ideas.

In-person interviews are expensive, as are cars, which makes getting a fellowship a costly venture. I'm hoping to get a fellowship that would start in June or July, but I won't necessarily have an answer to whether or not that's going to happen for quite some time. So--do I wait around in Blue Hill? Do I go to a city? I'd really like to go out West and hit up Wyoming, but that decision may or may not be a good one. It's hard to know. I feel so excited about the idea, but also a bit worried about the practicality of it.

Anyway, I'm feeling very conflicted on a number of levels about where to go and what to do. Fun vs. Practicality. Normally I'm very logical, rational, and practical. BUT--I kind of want to go do something risky, fun, and out of my norm.

Regardless, my head is swimming.


No comments:

Post a Comment