Thursday, December 6, 2012

December 6, Interview Excitement

So far I've gotten an interview invite from every position I've applied to. I am really excited by that, and hoping it's a good sign, but I'm also pretty anxious about landing a position. It'd be easier to relax if I didn't feel really dedicated to getting the fellowships I've applied to, but I'm genuinely going to be pretty sad if I don't get a position with any of them. Two of the interviews are via phone; if I do well I should be invited to an in-person interview for those as well. The one for NYC Teaching Fellows is in-person, however, so that will require travel sometime soon--probably around New Years or sometime in January if I wait to fly down. I'm excited to hit up the big apple!

I'm going to help children make Christmas lanterns today, which should be fun. I'm excited to feel productive--I hate being unemployed, though I really should just be enjoying the relaxation time.

I'm going down to Boston on the 12th, flying to Chicago on the 13th, and coming back to Maine on the 18th. I'm excited to see the city as it will be my first time in the great state of Illinois :)



No comments:

Post a Comment