Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2, Applications & Kale Chips

The past several days have been good socially. I've seen some good friends, had some good herbal tea out at the restaurants/bars in Blue Hill, and watched a couple movies. I also stopped in to see my work crewbies from New Beginnings--it's always nice to chat, though it did make me a bit nostalgic for doing pre-school craft projects. The readjustment process has been pretty hard, but I'm working through things.

I have been primarily working on Fellowship applications, a process that I find stressful mostly because I REALLY want to land an opportunity like the ones provided through TNTP and AmeriCorps. Several applications are due* tomorrow, so I've been dedicating my time to finishing them. I'm also planning on submitting a TFA application, and I've been working on my Center for Inspired Teaching essay questions, but I think I'll take a break from applications this coming week since the deadlines aren't until January. I also need to prepare for my TNTP phone interview--really hoping it goes well, but we'll see!

Last night I made dinner with Peter, and then we cooked up some kale chips as snacks. They were DELICIOUS! I'm not allowed to have popcorn, so it was the perfect alternative treat. Salty, crunchy, and just plain yummy! Nonetheless, so far I'm a little disappointed with the cookbooks I bought--I think I will write my own one day and improve the options out there in allergy-friendly eating!






*early application deadline


No comments:

Post a Comment