Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 24, Hoping the Rain Will Stop


I have been surprised how sunny it is here, mostly because June is part of the “heavy rainy season.” For the most part, it really hasn’t rained to speak of…however, last night it poured pretty hard. It’s still drizzling, which is unfortunate because I really do need to do laundry today. There is literally no way to wash/dry my clothes if it doesn’t at least turn cloudy/vaguely sunny. It’s still early (7:00 am) so I’m going to “pumzika” (rest) some more and see what happens. I was asked about church last night, but I don’t think today is the day. I’ll probably go next weekend when I’m not as determined to go get Internet at the Hotel Oasis. Apparently it’s quite the experience to go to church, though, so I will try to do that before I go to site. Or, I may join a church choir once I’m at site, just to make friends and sing a little. We will see how it goes…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment