Sunday, November 18, 2012

November 18, Cold & Colds

Today has been a semi-productive day so far. My mom helped me go through my old clothes to sort what items are being (1) given away, (2) put in storage, or (3) kept in my room. I haven't had a ton of energy today (once again I failed to sleep for very long), but I do need to finish putting away the big pile of clothing now laying on my bed.

Unfortunately, I think that I'm coming down with a cold--I'm feeling particularly ill today, but in a different way than usual. I'm guessing that going on a plane with a low white blood cell count made me pretty susceptible to catching whatever colds are circulating these days, so it's not overly surprising to me.

I still haven't gotten used to the cold weather here. It's so crazy how much of a bite there is in the air! I got pretty adjusted to the heat and humidity in Dar. I am getting more adjusted to other things, although things like American currency and tea kettles are still 'noticeable' to me. It's hard to explain--I haven't been gone long enough for things to seem overly strange, but I do seem to notice certain things that I think I'd normally take for granted. I actually pay attention to quarters when I see them, using a washing  machine is still extremely exciting, and it's also really neat that I don't have to do very much to get a glass of clean drinking water.

Also, Words With Friends? I forgot how much I love that silly game.


No comments:

Post a Comment