Thursday, November 8, 2012

November 8, Limbo Stick

I trial packed my luggage last night--things barely fit space-wise, and I have no idea what anything weighs. I need to get my hands on a scale so I can figure out how much my two bags weigh!

This morning I came in to get my blood-pressure and such checked out. Good results from the tests that have come back so far. I have low blood-pressure and low white blood cells, but no enlarged organs or liver failure etc. Woot! My weight is staying more stable now as well--probably because my metabolism has slowed down, so I'm not dropping weight quickly anymore. Hopefully it's a good sign, since I'd rather not become a skeleton!

I should have a decision from the Washington, DC office by tomorrow, and if not, by Tuesday. So, basically just more waiting in limbo. Waiting, waiting, waiting. I do know that I will be sent home either way (and not to South Africa), so it's mostly a question of whether it's permanent yet, and when I'm actually heading out. I am hoping for medical evacuation and not immediate separation! I think they'll oblige my request, which will theoretically buy me 45 days to get better once I'm back home.

I'm feeling pretty tired so I plan to spend the afternoon relaxing. Ezra is headed back to Dar today, so I'm going to try to see him before he leaves tomorrow afternoon. There are also a bunch of PSDN people, and Zack is here for his mutilated knee, so there is lot's of PCV company around the office. :) Some of the RPCVs should also be heading back this weekend--so I'm hoping to do relaxing but fun things, like laying by the ocean or watching some bad American TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment