Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6, Five Months in Country

Happy Election Day! I hope you all utilized your voting rights today! Support the democratic process!

I am just hanging out in the PC Volunteer Lounge. I had an appointment here this morning. Apparently I'm approaching things in a very "well-adjusted" manner and handling my probable medically separation pretty well, so that's positive. I know ultimately things will work out for the best, and I'm trying to fight disappointment with optimism about what with transpire in the future. The older I get, the more I understand that life is full of detours. Plans often fall through or change along the way, but that's what makes living interesting. Following a linear road-map is boring, though the theoretical security of knowing that Point A will, in fact, lead to Point B is pretty alluring. I like planning, but if nothing else, I've learned to be more malleable and adaptive here than I have been in the past. I'm much better at going with the flow than I was a couple years ago--and I certainly am enjoying the ride more, even with all the ups and downs I've been facing.

In truth, I have and continue to give PC my all, and if I can stay here I will, but I'm also acceptant that health-wise I may need to change paths. I'm a fighter, and I will push through things as much as I can, but I also know that my health does need to improve for me to be an efficient volunteer, and really, for me to be a TRULY happy person. I recognize that I need to get my body back on track, one way or another. I truly believe that things are going to work out, and once I'm healthy, the world shall be my oyster. A gritty one, perhaps, but just having a healthy body would be my "pearl" at this point! :)

Anyway, I should get more information about my blood-work today. I'm also hoping to go out with the other volunteers who are around the city right now. I've decided not to wander too much alone in the city due to my recent history of fainting spells, but I would like to utilize my time here in Dar for at least a little bit of fun.

Tomorrow at around 4:00 am I'm also going to hit up the Election Party being hosted by the US Embassy. It should be a fun way to find out the election results, and I'm looking forward to the camaraderie!

Update:

So my blood-work was normal, aside from having a low white blood cell count. I'm going in to talk to the doctor tomorrow about what that means for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment