Sunday, November 4, 2012

November 4, Pool

Today I had a good morning organizing my stuff. I listened to music, tried on some American clothes I brought here but have never worn (see shorts picture on FB for example), and repacked things a little. I had a mini-mango, which was delicious, and forced one of those mini-packets of fish down for lunch. I started feeling on-par to what I did a couple weeks ago--certainly not well, but much more functional than literally being stuck laying on a couch. I actually got cocky enough to walk twenty minutes to the US Embassy. I met Ezra there with his ex-pat friend, Josh, to hang by the pool. Walking there was a poor decision, though. I realized quickly that I didn't actually feel as great as I told myself I did, nor did the heat help my dehydration levels. As I sat in the pool, and subsequently lazed around in one of those pool-side-lounging chairs, I started feeling progressively sicker. Later on I tried a piece of coconut, and that just totally did me in. What started as a good day health wise seems to be ending on a sour note. Fortunately, I am able to laze around Leah's house and listen to music, so I'm glad I have a chill place to be! I'm hoping tomorrow is going to be a better day. I'm going to try refocusing my diet strictly on vegetables and protein, though it's hard not to try the many delicious fresh fruits they have here. Fruit is my all-time, hands-down, absolute favorite food group, and while I have been limiting my intake of it, I do have a tendency to pick things like bananas and mangoes when I can. I suppose it'd be better for my stomach if I cut down on the sugar and acid, and started pounding more spinach, so I will do better!

Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm going to spend it eating cucumbers, not mangoes! (Even though that teeny, tiny fit-in-your-hand mango was delicious and sent from heaven. Worth it....for today.)


No comments:

Post a Comment