Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 20, Resume Headache

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I caught up with a couple more friends and went on a short walk in the woods. I'm trying to push myself to get a little physical activity, even though I really haven't noticed much of a change in my health status. I miss running, dancing, and hiking!

I am in the process of finding job/fellowship opportunities. I'm hoping to start working again in the end of January. Today I started an application for a pretty exciting teaching fellowship program that would enable me to work in a needy school here in America. It's just difficult to really get everything together right now, but deadlines are approaching for things that won't start until June! I'm hoping that I can write some really good essay responses to the application questions and streamline my resume within the next couple of weeks. I'm also hoping that employers will be understanding about my medical separation from the Peace Corps. I truly fought to stay at my site and in the PC, and I will eventually be plenty capable of working full-time, but it's a bit strange to be working on applications when I'm not really ready to re-join the workforce yet.

Tonight I am going over to have dinner at Kate's house. I think we're going to have some stir-fried vegetables. Being home and out of the hot weather has been helping me stay more hydrated and has increased my appetite a bit, though other symptoms are still persisting or worsening. I am still waiting to hear back from Dr. Aker's office about the tests I had run yesterday. I did urinalysis, blood pressure tests (sitting vs. standing), a spit ph, etc. I also submitted a symptoms list and had my pupils examined. I hope they find a way of fixing me quickly! I want to have a miraculous Christmas recovery :)


No comments:

Post a Comment