Saturday, November 24, 2012

November 24, Small Business Saturday

For the first time since I got home, I actually slept for a reasonable, solid amount of time. Eight hours of glorious snooze-time. It was great.

I've been working on a couple applications. I've found two fellowships that I'm SUPER excited about! I really want to continue teaching here in America and actually make a difference at home. My current career path is (loosely) as follows:
(1) Teach while I'm in my 20's. I love working with children, plus I want to get a good sense of the American education system and really make a difference in lives of students in urban districts.
(2) In my mid to late 20's, receive my masters degree in Education Policy, and potentially also Law if it feels like the right decision for me.
(3) Work with the government or with non-profits to promote education reform/better education practices in schools.

Obviously life has many detours, so I'm also open to working for other types of non-profits, and part of me would just love to open up an alternative-foods bakery for people with allergies like me. But...we will see! I'm 23, driven, and once I'm healthy I shall be unstoppable :) That's the dream anyway.

Yesterday I had a small gathering at my house to celebrate my birthday/being home. It was really nice to see people, especially since some old friends stopped by. It was kind of a surprisingly small turn-out, though. Given that I can't really party these days, I didn't mind how low-key it was.

Today I'm going to Bangor to check-out Small Business Saturday. I'm hoping to get some good deals and maybe find a couple cute, warm sweaters. Hopefully my body holds up! The past couple days haven't been ideal, but I'm hoping the full night of sleep I got will do the trick for me today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment