Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 11, Last Day in Moro

So, here I sit in Oasis, for the last time at least for several months...

Did laundry at 7:30 in the morning but still managed to be watched 70% of the time. There is no escape. Hopefully my fenced in courtyard makes that a little bit better/gives me some semblance of privacy. They picked up my bags around 9:00, but I will have a big fat duffel to still lug with me tomorrow.

I gave my host family their gifts and they kidnapped my iPhone. Hoping to get that back, but who knows. But really, I do hope that I get it back. We are doing a strange goodbye-tour at each house in my CBT. Going from house to the next to say "Bye" and then eating food at Michelle's house. Apparently Pilau ("Curried" Rice) is what we will be eating. I am getting chipsi mayai while I'm here at Oasis. Such an addict to that potato egg goodness.

Apparently the Peace Corps is switching people sites, but not telling them when they're in the process of doing so. I am concerned about them switching me out of my region. Really hope they don't!

1 comment: