Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 9, Going Late to CCT

Today I didn't have to go to CCT until lunch-time. It was a very odd morning, however. I don't know if I can even explain why, but everyone agreed that things were just going a bit strangely. We practiced our Swahili version of "Don't worry, Be happy", which we are singing for our swearing in ceremony, and then sang a really ugly version of both national anthems. I have a feeling we might have a few tone-deaf people in the group...but I still love everyone.

Things I have forgotten to mention before:
~There are little phone stands/shops where you can go to charge your phone. Usually you can also buy vouchers to call or send messages at them. The one in front of my house is a perfect example. I will be using a solar-powered version of such venues at site to charge my electronics. That or cough up 500,000 shillings to get solar power installed in my house.
~Putting money in my bra is very convenient and safe, but I sometimes get a rash. I think I will have a small money pouch made to lessen this problem.
~Mermaid style/hip-hugging dresses and puffy shoulders are all the rage here.
~Cockroaches tend to die under my bed constantly. It's gross. Speaking of gross, there is a gigantic spider outside of the CCT that has been catching bees. I am afraid to see the ones that apparently are even bigger....I HATE spiders.
~I saw a lot of sick children in the Tanga region. Snot-nosed doesn't really even begin to cover it. I haven't really seen many kids who look like that around Morogoro, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment