Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, At CCT for the Week

So, yesterday we took the bus back from Tanga at 8:00 in the morning. It was long, hot, crowded, and slow. So, it was a normal bus ride. We got back 2 hours after we were supposed to, also in true TZ style. I was starving by the time we ate lunch at 4:00 pm, but still didn't manage to finish my chicken curry & rice at Oasis. Think my stomach is shrinking here. I'm totally okay with that since I don't exactly always enjoy eating here.... and I wouldn't mind my clothes getting loose.

My host family enjoyed the chocolate & cheese I brought them. I also had some delicious passion-fruit juice, and for once actually wanted two cups full. That bus ride was very dehydrating!!

Today we have all been talking about our sites. Most people seem pretty happy which is good. Kyle & Jack switched sites which is cool. I also told Joel about my 4:30 a.m. bus problem so I am hoping for extra-special piki permission from Washington, DC.

One week left here in Morogoro. We practiced singing the TZ national anthem....and the US anthem.


No comments:

Post a Comment