Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 21, Chicken on Buses

Today's post is all about chicken.

First off, I just have to say that I personally find it astounding/hilarious when people transport their chickens on long-distance bus trips. How the birds stay in their little bags I'm not quite sure. I assume their legs are tied or something, because otherwise I can't imagine a chicken sitting still for eight hours so complacently. But this is Tanzania, so honestly what do I know?

Second of all, I had the best chicken I have had in country today. Dar is the place to eat chicken apparently. It was spiced and delicious and moist. I have not experienced the magic of such amazing protein in a very long time. I also had some good chipsi and treated myself to some dried mango. It was a very special day in the way of food.

Third, I would also like to add that when I'm at site chickens just wander into my house/my neighbors houses all the time. Papa (my neighbor's three year old son) is very good at chasing them out. He also can entertain himself with bottle caps for hours. No toys, just caps. I still want one of those water-bottle cars the kids make here...I will make one next time I have four caps and an empty bottle. Plus some string. And then I will entertain myself with it, because honestly I have a lot of time on my hands and not much battery life on my kindle. I really regret not bringing a guitar. May try to buy one in the city...or become a professional air guitarist.

Bed time for the tired girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment