Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22, Bad Day

So, today I received the following news, that I still am processing:
  • The PC will be providing me with probiotic supplements and most likely also with protein powder. This hasn't been given to me yet, but hopefully soon. I'm very happy!
  • If the probiotics and protein powder don't work, I will medically evacuated to see a gastroenterologist. I will also be medically separated, meaning my service will end. This is because I can't continue on being sick like this and serve as a volunteer, so it makes sense, but I do REALLY want to be here, so I'm going to try to stay.
  • My mkuu (headmistress) was attacked at 7 pm last night. She was walking back to our school compound from the church, and beaten with stones etc. She's okay, but leaving Mlola. She will also be transferring schools if she can, and advised me not to go home. Peace Corps is investigating WHY it happened, and if my site is safe to eventually return to.
  • I will be staying in Dar all week. I may switch to staying with an ex-pat family, but I'm not sure. For now I'm happy at the Econolodge since I have lot's of volunteer company.
  • I can find coconut oil and canned fish here in Dar.
  • I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow about an ear problem I've been having. I'm also going to chat with a counselor about everything that's happened in the last month.
It's been quite the day. Not sure how I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment