Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 31, Fruit Bats

Happy Halloween!

I miss Hocus Pocus! And pumpkins! And costumes! To be honest, I even miss the soon-to-come Christmas decorations. I just love Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday, and Christmas--so this is a great stretch of time for me. October through December provides great excitement!

That reminds me: Three weeks until I'm 23! Crazy. I have no idea where I'll be on my birthday...or if I'll be able to have any of the gluten-free cake mix my mom sent. That'd be so great!

The roosters outside Glenn's house woke me up early and I wasn't able to sleep well in general, so I was extra lethargic today. I spent most of the day researching etymology (I'm a dork) and reading the Amber Spyglass. I also sat in the sun for a little bit today and this evening we walked down to see the fruit bats living in Glenn's village. It was very cool to see. They're extremely loud and hang shockingly close together on the papaya and pine trees around here. They were flying around even though it wasn't dark out yet--and screeching quite loudly. They're very yellow in color and have chihuahua faces, and there were hundreds of them hanging in the trees and swarming the air. Kind of a fun spook-takular activity for Halloween!

Anyway, overall today was a better day than yesterday health-wise. I had been getting steadily worse since Friday, but I seem to be stalling the down-hill spiral. I'm not sure if that's really "progress", but I'll take any improvement over how I felt yesterday! I'm hoping eventually I'll actually start feeling healthy and keeping more food and water down, but for now I'm just happy that I'm able to sit up as I write this!

No comments:

Post a Comment