Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 23, Ears

So, I'm feeling positive today! Hoping to get some more information this afternoon about what is going on health and site wise. They should get my blood work back this afternoon, and I'm hoping to talk to Joel about my mkuu's situation ASAP. Things are going to be okay!

I'll be moving to an ex-pat's house after 5:00 today--hoping it's going to be really safi! I have a terrible headache today, but I'd be down for a movie on a big screen TV.

I went to the doctor--they sent me to a really nice hospital down by the ocean! He looked at my ear and prescribed me drops. He also told me to do this weird breathing exercise since something is wrong with the tube that goes from my inner ear to my throat. Apparently forcing air through the tube should help. If it doesn't work, I'll have to get some fancy diagnostic test to find out what is going on. I have been having issues with my right ear, and my hearing is being adversely effected. Hopefully things will resolve themselves quickly in that regard! Stomach-wise I'll be in limbo for a while I think...

ADDITION:

So, I'm sitting at the ex-pats house. She's young and really cool. She kind of fell into a job at the embassy, which is neat. Super speedy internet and a really nice place, though no TV as I had hoped. The bathroom is killer, though.

I am not feeling well head or stomach wise tonight, so I may lay low. I do want to go hang out with the other PCVs, though. They're really fun! I just wish I could eat and drink with them, but having company is enough for me. :)

I'm trying to get permission to go back to Lushoto on Friday to get my package. PC couldn't find my probiotics or protein powder unfortunately. I'm hoping that they'll have a site decision tomorrow. I told them about my previous sexual harassment issue since it may be linked to what happened--who knows. Blood-work came back normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment