Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, To Glennifer's House We Go

I can't believe that it's almost November! Time really flies! It's crazy to think of winter coming back home when it's so hot outside right now, though nights in Lushoto do get quite chilly! I got adjusted to Dar's heat, so the cool nights here haven't been my favorite...at least I don't have to deal with Hurricane Sandy, though! Good luck to you all back on the East Coast!

Anyway, Tony, the owner of Lawns, gave us a ride to Glenn's house this morning. It was super nice, but something atypical for him to do as far as I can tell. Tony is Greek, but was raised here in Tanzania. He seems to have family located in a lot of places. His sisters live in Australia and his brother lives in Morogoro, but I'm not sure about everybody else. He's big into soccer, has a long white-haired ponytail, and fairly ruddy complexion. His Land Rover is 17 years old and is covered with uncouth bumper stickers. A.K.A. "Perfect Woman: Nymphomaniac with a Liquor Store." He's a very interesting man, and him giving us a ride out all the way out here was very sweet. I think he is just concerned that I'm not feeling well, and wanted to make sure I made it to Glenn's house okay. Regardless, it was a very nice gesture, and I'm glad we didn't have to pay for a cab.

In any case, this weekend wasn't a good one for me health-wise, nor has today been going very well so far. I am hoping I start feeling better soon, but as of right now I'm just laying on Glenn's couch and sipping Hibiscus tea now and then. I started the probiotics and protein powder on Saturday, but I'm not sure how long it will take for those to start working. I really hope my health starts going back uphill rather than continuing on this down-hill trend. I am really excited for IST and our PCV "Prom", so that's giving me something to look forward to.

Right now I'm waiting for Hannah to stop by. She lives very to Glenn's site and has finished her teaching and lesson planning for the day. Glenn has a busy week of tree planting and American-voyage preparation, and he's going out shortly to do some work on his tree nursery. I think I'll be spending a lot of time reading this week--glad I have my kindle! I also hope to fiddle around with his guitar a bit--it's cute and travel sized as it's made for a student rather than an adult. I'd recommend such a thing for future PCVs who have any sort of musical inclination. That, or a ukelele. It's nice to have something to do here that doesn't require electricity or the company of other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment