Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October 9, Cloudy but no rain yet....

So, today Hilda observed my Form I class. The school was in a big fuss to make sure everything looked presentable. I had the class sing "Five little monkeys" as an energizer. They can't say the words fast enough to keep the beat, but they improved! I also taught a new version of "I like to eat apples and bananas." I made new verses to drill into their heads that you only use 'eats' with the third person singular. "She likes to eat, eat, eat rice and potatoes (x2)...We like to eat, eat, eat spinach and tomatoes (x2)". I also taught more about preferences. I started class twenty minutes early and actually had my lesson timed perfectly, so the last twenty minutes were improvised. Hilda told me I was "a perfect teacher." She checked out my home and then went to see if the health center house is still available. If so, I get a site buddy!

Anyway, I told Hilda I have been sick for at least a month now since my mkuu has been getting very concerned. I am showing more visible illness symptoms, and people are starting to notice more. I am happy that I seem to be doing okay teaching wise, despite a pretty big lack of energy. We will see how this week goes...I am taking any marginal improvements as potential good signs. Or trying to. Patience is difficult when it's your own health that is suffering. And sometimes it is hard to tell whether or not something is really an "improvement". But that is enough about my health!

The homework I gave them this morning was turned in by noon today. Very eager bunch. Some of them are really getting it. Others...well....it is quite unfortunate to see how many grammar issues they have. Also, most of them have no notebooks. Today I gave away all my remaining lined paper that was in one of my two notebooks. It is a bit frustrating dealing with the resource void at times.

Unrelated....I am excited about Halloween! October is always an exciting month for me. My mom and I are big Halloween junkies. I miss my decorations and the autumn leaves around Blue Hill. This year I will be the Little Merjade!

1 comment:

  1. Great (perfect teaching) job! Hilda knows!
    Re: your health - any improvement, 'tho minimal is an improvent nevertheless. 'Good to hear that.
    Have fun on halloween or do they have that there?

    ReplyDelete