Saturday, October 6, 2012

October 6, 4 Months in Country

Today I had to pay WAY too much money for two hard-boiled eggs. 2000 shillings! Ridiculous! I suppose it was worth it since I squatted at Tumaini from 6:45 am until about 12:30 pm. The electricity cut out all over town, however, so I didn't get to charge anything until tonight. I also had a lot of ginger tea, which was delicious and good for my belly. I am glad they let us just hangout there, so I shouldn't complain too much.

We stayed at Ezra's tonight to pick up some things before he COS's. We watched "Volunteers", which is about Peace Corps in 1962. It stars Tom Hanks and was pretty fun to watch. I also managed to keep down some salad for dinner! (Lunch didn't go so well, but I'm taking the good over the bad. I'm also going to chat some more with the PC doctor next week just to make sure I can be as healthy as possible over the next weeks/months.) The others also had popcorn with nutritional yeast. Looked delicious!

On Tuesday Hilda is coming to observe me teach. I'm curious how that will go and what feedback I'll get since I really haven't been at it all that long. The rainy season is also on its way. It's going to be interesting, that's for sure!

It's been good to be with the Lushoto crew. It's always nice to see them, socialize, and vent. I have been in Tanzania for four months today EXACTLY. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment