Saturday, July 14, 2012

July 14, Good Day

I got a 92 on my written midterm exam--I'm happy! Better than I thought I did! Now I just need to find out how I scored on my oral LPI--probably a very different story.

Yesterday we went out to Camel Pub with our LCF (Language and Cross-Culture Facilitator), PJ. It was a lot of fun! I had Redd's in a bottle for the first time, rather than in a can. Later we met a big group of PCT people at a different bar closer to my village. I joked around about it being a white-person convention since we were the biggest group there by far. There was also a student-teacher games session and after-party hosted by the school I'm interning at (St.Denis Secondary School). I stopped by before going home at the party since it was pretty much two doors down from my house. There is a bar called "Extraction Point" really close by, and that's where they hosted it. The electricity was out again, though, so everyone had to use candles, lanterns, and cell phones to see. Tonight it's been on since I got home--not sure how that works, but I'm just going with the flow.

Today was a good day. I enjoyed the training sessions and we got out early. WOOHOO. Then we went to a place nearby to hangout and celebrate Kristina's birthday. Some people from my CBT went to get cake, but apparently the restaurant they went to didn't have any. My CBT is kind of obsessed with cake and ice-cream.

Saw some extra big cockroaches today, but found myself adjusting well. Last night I did choo-ga (pit latrine yoga) in an effort not to pee directly over the biggest cockroach I have ever seen. It was right where I normally would go, but I was afraid that it would fly up at me. I ended up squatting in a very strange way to avoid any sort of unpleasant surprise.

Also, I have discovered a delicious type of fried rice-ball that I can actually eat! The grease is a little hard on me, but they taste like donuts. I'm pretty excited about it. I also got to eat cabbage twice today which really excited me. AND we had chicken wings at the CCT. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment