Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, HOLY CORN

So, today I came home at around 4:00 pm. I'm SO glad I did, because I got to witness the biggest corn shucking party of my life. I have never seen so much corn before. It reminded me of watching kids play in the sandbox because of how deep the kernels went. They explained that it will be made into ugali once pounded down into a flour-like substance. There was also a heaping pile of pumpkins, in addition to a large pile of sunflower seeds--those will be used to make sunflower seed oil, which is very common here.

I also had a blast with Priska in my room. We had a dance party, she did my hair, she did my makeup (very interesting experience. Blue eyeliner to the eyebrows. Blush all over my entire face. Different colors of eyeshadow on each eye), and we played around with photo booth. Overall, a very fun day. I also got to wear a headscarf for a while, decked out with some shades. Then Priska rocked the look. She is a major camera whore--she hops in every photo I ever take. I laughed super hard when I was taking pictures outside. She's a riot. LOVE IT!

I'm sooOOOOO nervous/excited/anxious about finding out my site placement. I WANT IT TO BE FRIDAY. There are many rumors, but nothing can be believed until they tell us.

Also, I'm pretty sure I just sustained some electrical burns when trying to get my computer to charge. I battled with the outlet/my power converter, and now my thumb is definitely messed up. Hands have been officially electrocuted.

No comments:

Post a Comment