Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 28, Major Headache

So, my head is killing me today. Not sure if it's from the parasite meds or dehydration. Probably both. In any case, I did laundry and cleaned my room. I'm going to hopefully get fitted for another dress (this one will have normal sleeves I hope!) and then go into town. I'm hoping to catch some of the Olympic action, but so far they have just been watching music videos all day here, so I will need to find a sports bar I guess.

Anyway, the more I think about the test, the more I think about how I made stupid mistakes. I'm sure I passed, but I probably didn't do as well as I should have. Oh well.

Yesterday they had some really awesome drummers come before announcing our sites. It was fun to dance around. Then they had the "wisest man" of the group (Doug) pick one of 47 post-it notes that were covering all of our photos. The post-its were placed around a Tanzanian map, and once you were picked, Hilda would read a short description about your placement. It was crazy because the staff had joked that it would be nearly impossible for Doug to pick his own picture, but he did! I died of laughter.  I also almost died waiting to find out if I would be in Tanga. There was only one more post-it left for the region, and I really wanted Tanga or Mtwara, so I had a pretty epic/happy/ecstatic reaction when they called my name.

People are leaving today/tomorrow for site visits. We will shadow current PCVs for a couple days, and if we are going to a new site (like me), we will spend 3 days chilling out with our Mkuu's (headmasters) at our site. People who are replacing current PCVs will just stay with the person they are shadowing the whole time--kinda jealous of that situation. But I am psyched to be at a new site. I was told to bring a bathing suit because my group will be going to Tanga (on the coast). I'm excited!! Unfortunately, my bathing suit is in the bag I left in storage in Dar es Salaam (like everything I ever need....). Underwear are just going to have to do.

Anyway, time to go do things. Packing tonight for my week adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment