Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 1st, Laundry Day

So the past couple of days I have been slacking...so I will sum up what happened:

We had Peace Corps game day yesterday, which was a lot of fun. I felt naked wearing just yoga pants--such a strange feeling of freedom! We also went to the market which was a very interesting experience. It was confusing because people kept shouting the word "mtoto" or "child" at us. Very strange.

Going out for lunch yesterday was super annoying. We went at 12:00 pm and nothing was ready. They told us they didn't have beans, and then came out with bowls of them for everyone about 3 minutes later. (After we got vegetables with rice instead of beans and rice.) Kind of strange.

I went out a couple time with my fellow PCVs. I got home at 8:00 pm one night and got in trouble for not texting that I'd be home "late". Definitely need to adjust my perception of time. I've been doing better about it and texting when I'll be home after dark. I get walked home most of the way/all of the way by my fellow PCTs which is nice. Don't have to worry about anyone bothering me!

Today I did laundry. It was once again somewhat demoralizing. I feel like every way I do it is not "right" and neighbors came over to watch me scrub. Awkward.

On my way to town a bibi (grandma) asked me for my digits. I also fascinated many small children. Fun times. I will try to update more regularly/write more interesting information.





No comments:

Post a Comment