Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 29, Leaving for Tanga!

So, yesterday I had a good time hanging out with Katie, Sam, and Ryan for most of the afternoon. I also ran into some other wazungu, which was nice. Many people left yesterday, but a lot are also leaving this morning. I'm getting this blog post in before I go bucket bath/shave my legs/chow down for 5 minutes.

Michelle helped me get fitted for my dress! It's already made, just needs to be taken in an inch at the top. Super quick dress making! It has a cute black ribbon around the waist. I'm pleased. I went to try it on after dark so my host sister walked with me. We held hands (very common thing to do here, but only same-sex) and skipped a bit. We also had a race, which my host parents thought was hilarious. I'm hoping to be remembered for my antics if nothing else.

So, off to my village this week. I'm N.E. of Lushoto. I will be teaching English forms I and II. That's about all I know...

For now I will be staying with Glenn Holzer and meeting up with Ezra & Brittany as well. I'm excited to meet all the PCVs/party with my PCT crew.


No comments:

Post a Comment