Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19, I have a parasite

So, lot's of updates, but so little dongle time. For some reason it won't transfer credit onto mine anymore as of yesterday, so I'll try to be quick.

--I have some kind of parasite. I've been feeling pretty sick, called the doctor, got meds, should be in the clear by Sunday. The other PCVs who have been here for a while joked that eventually I'll learn to view parasites as pets. Awesome. Meet Bob & Squiggles.

--We went on a walk-around the market yesterday as a CBT. I got some awesome fabric and I'm going to have a dress made. The one I already had made here should be ready soon--I'm very excited!! Tracy also got fabric, and Aly and Michelle have been having things made the whole time.

--Sam found/bought a Grateful Dead Flag that he found in the market. It was an exciting moment.

--I was woken up yesterday at 5:40 to the sound of my host sister crying/screaming bloody murder. I'm not sure what she did, and how much I should comment on it, but she was being physically punished. I just wanted to run out and hug her, but I awkwardly sat in my room unsure of what I should/could/would do. Not my favorite way to wake up.

--I really miss American food. I have been eating a steady amount of ugali. I am hoping for rice soon....

--I bought a watch. Not sure yet if it actually can keep time. Only time will tell. Badum-sh.

--Went out to Camel Pub for Kristina's bday. The owners wanted a picture of us so they could advertise the bar. Pretty funny.

--Gretchen observed my lesson today and gave me a lot of really positive feedback!! I felt really encouraged/pumped up by her commentary. My kids also really liked my mouse-stuck-in-a-basket story. (Thanks to Mel, fellow PCV, for that). Many of them said the rat shouldn't help the mouse out of the basket because the mouse would eat the rat. I've seen TZ rats so now I'm wondering just how big these TZ mice are....

--Gretchen also gave all the English teachers these big color photos to use as writing prompts. They're pretty cool, though very old. I'm excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment