Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 22, Proposals and Things

So, I forgot to mention I went to the market today. Got a duffel bag and made friends with a vendor. He complemented my Swahili even though I messed up and responded to one of his questions the wrong way. I'm trying at least.

On my walk back home one of the student teachers caught up with me. He didn't remember my name, but told me that "it is as beautiful as I am" once I reminded him my name is Jade. He is one of many student teachers who has proposed to me/the other girls in my CBT. It's not really who we are, just that we're American. I think they just want us to stay here with them, but I'm not sure what's so appealing about Americans. Guess we're exotic.

Dinner was the same....again. Ugali. Beans. Spinach. We did have chicken which was really exciting!!!  I had multiple small pieces, and my host mom made sure to give me extra greens since I ran out of everything else before I managed to eat all of my ugali. It definitely needs something to accompany it, so I'm glad she dished out more beans for me!

I also had a photo-shoot with the kids who were chilling in my house tonight. They laughed a lot, and so did I, and it was quite a bit of fun. My host sister still can't manage to use my camera. I am not sure why--I try to explain what to do, but the camera won't focus with auto-focus on, and is super blurry with auto-focus off. I should take a picture of the amount of corn kernels that got shucked out--there's like a barrel full or something crazy like that. So much produce! I had some of the squash today for a snack. Very, very delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment