Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21, Shoulder-Pads


So, last night we went back to Camel Pub as a big group. They ended up charging us about 30,000 extra shillings on three separate bills. Tempers flared, we paid the extra, and then PJ stayed after to talk to the manager. Apparently a staff meeting is being held there today to address the problem. He said some of the patrons wanted to pick a fight with us, too, but I’m not sure if he meant a physical one or not. I don’t think we will be going back anytime soon…

I need to really buckle down and study tomorrow. I have been slacking off/not learning what I need to be learning this week. I’ve been feeling quite tired and somewhat sick, and I just need to force myself to review grammar/vocab.

We only had ½ a day of training today. (AMEN! But seriously…) I received the outfit I had made—I burst out laughing when I saw myself in the mirror. Literally. The shoulders are insane. I feel like a line-backer or something. I’m going to try pinning them down so they are a bit less intense, even though it is the style to have big shoulders here. The skirt fits well. It hugs my booty a little, but not in a bad way. Amanda said that she will help me out, so hopefully I can adjust the shirt so it’s a little less intense.

In other news, we have a TON of corn, sunflowers, and grapefruit at my house. Piles and piles and piles outside. I need to take a picture tomorrow because I am truly amazed by the amounts!

All three of my packages arrived today! I was excited, but jealous of other people who got boxes of food and things. So far the mail system is working for me, though! (knock on wood.) Also, a happy birthday to my grammie back in the US! It’s her birthday today. Wishing I could be there for some lobsters and potato salad. I’d kill for an American dinner right now. 

--

Also, today I gave my host sister Priska some crayons and a notebook to draw with. She seems pretty happy about it! It was nice to give them back something since they're so hospitable. I wish I had better gifts to give them....oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment