Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 26, I have Entamoeba Histolytica Cysts!

So, I got a call today from the PCMO (Peace Corps Medical Officer) telling me that I still have a parasite. I think I had worms, which is what I saw visually, that were treated--which is why I now know I have Entamoeba histolytica cysts. I have been feeling kinda of sick/fatigued, but I haven't had some of the other symptoms which is good. (Aka no bloody diarrhea)

I am being sent drugs from Dar so that I can be treated. I got the parasite from contaminated food or water, so I assume the other people in my CBT could have it without knowing. (Not sure what food or water I got it from.)

Fun wiki article for you. I'm kind of entertained by this whole thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entamoeba_histolytica

No comments:

Post a Comment