Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 16, Indian Ocean is Love

Today I had some more delicious fruit from one of our favorite bwanas, and also enjoyed some chipsi mayai with Chelsea. We met up with her at the Haunted Mansion a little before noon, and I ended up going to the beach with her later in the day. It was super packed and men kept trying to get us to give them swim lessons. It was really fun to hang out with her, since I've only been able to one other time. I love going to the water. It's beautiful, warm, and pretty clear for being a bay. I am so glad I can get to the ocean. I miss it whenever I'm away.

Also, a kid was swimming in a ninja turtle outfit. I was jealous. I want that as my swim suit, too.

I'm sharing a room with Amanda, Hannah, and Anna. Jaha! Great group, and I'm super psyched to see the other people from my training class as well. Matt, Charles, Jen, Nic Wilder, Jeff, Amy, and Jack are also here. Jasmine will be joining us later as well. :)

Our malaria training starts tomorrow. I'm very tired and my stomach is feeling a bit upset, so I think I'm going to crash now. In closing, I have some other exciting news: I got my correspondence match and I will be communicating with a class from an elementary school in Maine! Woot!


No comments:

Post a Comment