Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18, Training

So, not much to report, really. We got some good Indian food as a big group last night at Raskazone, which is a nice restaurant down by the water. I have been continuing to have food troubles, in addition to a cough, but I am handling the heat better than most people! I love the hot weather here! Everyone is pretty exhausted, and dizziness has been a fairly common problem amongst the group due to dehydration.

We went on a field trip today to ask local dukas/dispensaries/schools/people about malaria and its prevalence here. Apparently they shoot people up with valium if they have complicated malaria (cerebral problems), which is interesting. My group went to the dispensary. Impressively, it only costs 1000 shillings at that dispensary to register, be tested, and get malaria medicine. Usually it's more expensive. Tonight we are going out to a village to watch a video about malaria and answer questions. I've been annoyed by the lack of non-glutenful food they've been serving, but I can't eat much anyway, so I guess it's not a huge deal. There's another girl (Amanda) who can't have wheat, either, so really they should pay more attention. Oh, Peace Corps programs.




No comments:

Post a Comment