Friday, September 7, 2012

September 7, Dizzy

Today I woke up at 3:00 in the morning and headed to Lushoto on the usual early bus. Fridays are normally crazy because a village near mine has it's market day on Fridays, so a lot of people go there to sell/buy things.

I met up with Amy and her mkuu (headmaster) at Tumaini. He took us to meet the education officials and the police. One of the education officials kept making a lot of jokes that Amy and I would ditch our American fiancés due to the "African temptation" here. She was very nice, though, so we just laughed and showed off our Kisambaa skills.

Anyway, all day today I was extremely dizzy. I have been pretty sick. (My mkuu is very alarmed by the whole situation.) Fortunately I was able to get anti-biotics (two types) this afternoon, although I haven't really noticed them working yet. I think I'm just very dehydrated despite my attempt to drink a lot of water. No fun.

Jasmine came into town today, and I also got to see Glenn and Hannah. Hannah and I bought really ugly shirts that were too ugly to pass up while perusing through the streets of Lushoto. My shirt was probably made originally for a young boy, but I fit into it, so I bought it. I can't wait for an occasion to wear it. Super-regional, perhaps?

We had some extra delicious chipsi-mayai today. I brought the bwana some tomatoes, since they were going to go bad at my house anyway. He added a really delicious sauce on top today. Now we are all hanging out at Tumaini (hostel). They gave us a room with a lounge since there was only one double available. Modern family episodes!

No comments:

Post a Comment