Saturday, September 8, 2012

September 8, Stuck in Bed

So, I have spent the entire day in bed. Well, I did get breakfast (eggs), but promptly threw them up. That's been kind of the theme of the day. I called the doctor around five since everything I eat is coming up/I'm still having other problems. He told me to go the hospital in Moshi tomorrow. Now I'm wishing I had brought more clothing. At least I don't have to go to Dar. He gave me the option of going to Dar or Moshi, so I decided to go see Moshi since I haven't been yet. Plus Amanda is there. Also, I'm kind of scared to go to Dar, since people have been getting med-evacuated from there. I don't want to join the ranks of people being shipped away from site....

I am drinking re-hydration salts and just took an anti-vomitting pill. I also am continuing my antibiotics. And taking pepto. And taking tylenol. I'm just full of pills!

I did tell Hilda (my APCD) and my mkuu. I feel bad that I will miss the first day of school at this rate.

On the plus-side, I watched a movie today and have been hanging out with Amy, Hannah, and Ezra. They have been "mama-birding" me.


3 comments:

  1. Hope you get well soon!!! Hang in there it will get better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Hoping you feel well really soon!
    Take care - from a PCV mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get great health care in Moshi and are able to feel better soon. I admire your attitude despite how sick you feel!

    - from Erinn's mom

    ReplyDelete