Thursday, September 20, 2012

September 20, Team Lushoto

Yesterday the safi duka was closed again (curses!) so we ended up just hitting the beach. The weather was beautiful and the water felt nice. It wasn't crowded at all, so we had plenty of space to ourselves. It was a big group, so that was perfect! Then we went to a pizza parlor for dinner. I got salad, calamari rings, and a couple tequila shots. Later on John let me steal some of his mango, and Amanda and I split some chipsi-mayai. The salad/squid were both a bit short in supply, so I was still hungry after dinner. It was a fun night, though. Sang along to some ukelele music that a PCV named Dave was playing. He even knew songs by Flight of the Concords. I got excited.

I also got two of my packages that have been sitting in Dar for weeks. LARA BARS, KIND BARS, AND SESAME SEED BARS HAVE OFFICIALLY MADE MY LIFE COMPLETE. I miss American food so bad.

Today the Super Regional Conference started. It's pretty cool because we have more freedom than I've ever had at a Peace Corps function. We pick the sessions we want to attend, and can leave in the middle of sessions if we get bored. It's an awesome set-up. I am taking advantage of the liberty and spending my time doing some internet stuff. Earlier today Team Lushoto wore crazy shirts and took photos. I uploaded pictures, in addition to sharing some pictures of last night's hair-cutting session. (Amanda cut Hannah's hair at 11:00 pm last night. It was her first time cutting hair. Good times. Solid decisions.)

Tonight we are all getting dinner at Pamela's house. She runs a med NGO here in Tanga and is a former PCV. I am currently chilling out with Anna and rocking out to some tunes. I love electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment