Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September 26, My Day Part Two

So, today a bunch of my female students came over to sweep my yard...which means they swept my dirt for me. After sweeping they asked for water. (It is common here for people to do you favors if they want something in return. Fortunately for them I can spare the water.)They also asked for food so I let them try macadamia nuts. Later a group of about thirty of them came to invite me to netball. I declined because I am not really feeling so hot. They all stayed for about a half hour and taught me some words in kisambaa. They also looked at my photo album and PST magazine.

The outfit I wore was a big hit today. I have on one of the African style blouse and skirt combos I had made here. Blending in slowly but surely. Well....a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment