Saturday, September 1, 2012

September 1, Never Give Out Your Number

So, I have made the tragic mistake of letting students come into my house. Then I made the bigger mistake of letting one of them who wants English lessons have my phone number. I get calls/texts from her at 11:00 pm just for kicks. So...that is going to need to stop. Very soon. Time to lay down some privacy measures!

Today I had a crazy ride at 4:00 in the morning to Lushoto. There was no bus, so I took some kind of short-bus/van. As if the universe was rubbing it in, we stopped for no reason in Sam's site for about 30-45 minutes. We didn't pick anyone up there...just stopped. My feet got so cold that I could hardly walk when we finally got to Lushoto--I had no feeling or circulation left.

I got breakfast with Hannah and Amy at Tumaini. Eggs & oranges. Then we got chipsi from our favorite bwana--salad tonight from Lawns! Tumaini (Hostel) let us bring in an extra mattress to make a double a triple-room once we threatened to stay elsewhere. They originally wanted me to pay for a double all by myself.

Peace Corps still hasn't transferred my money to NMB, but I do have my English books now thank to Glenn. And electricity for the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment