Sunday, September 9, 2012

September 9, Amanda's house is SAFI


I hated the bus-ride here. I am feeling irritable and sick, and I had no real room to myself. Not a fun trip. 

Amanda’s site is pretty safi. Safi means clean, nice, cool etc. Big rooms, nicely painted walls, electricity, fridge, running water, western choo, furniture… I am a bit jealous!

The doctor office was closed so I am going to the doctor tomorrow. I haven’t puked today, but I also haven’t eaten anything in 24 hours. Going to try a little dinner tonight, we will see how that goes….

Moshi seems like a pretty cool city. Amanda is very close by, so I’m staying here tonight and going to the hospital tomorrow. My head is killing me and I can tell that I’m irritable from the nausea/lack of food in my body, so I’m probably not the best guest. Good thing I have good friends. Last night I watched the muppet movie with Amy and Ezra. It was pretty funny, so I enjoyed it.


1 comment:

  1. Jade, Erinn Kunik's mom here -
    I was talking to an infectious disease doctor who specializes in malaria so he travels to Tanzania often and he recommended that you get western medical care. He said that in Moshi if you go to KCMC, ask if the doctors from Duke University are still there. If so, you can trust them.

    ReplyDelete