Sunday, September 2, 2012

September 2, NO SERIOUSLY DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR NUMBER

So, I'm currently waiting at Tumaini for a little bit. My bus is supposed to leave at around 12:30 I think, but we will see what actually happens. I'm just glad there is a bus...or that there is at least supposed to be a bus. I'm pretty sure the Shambalai bus (the more cushy one) still isn't running, but that's okay. I do wish they'd bring my ceiling boards to my village soon, though...and those are on the Shambalai bus apparently.

I got a call at 5:30 am from my student. I wrote her a message explaining that Peace Corps says I'm not allowed to use my phone to contact students. I hope she gets the point, because it really isn't okay with me on a number of levels.

I'm not feeling super well mentally or physically today, but I'm hoping that things start getting better as the day/week goes on. I did take a scalding hot shower for about 30 seconds this morning. I do miss taking regular showers, mostly because bucket bathing can be kind of cold when it's not very warm outside. I also snagged a roll of TP from the hostel room. This is a typical Peace Corps practice, though I always feel slightly shady doing it.

We went to the market here in Lushoto this morning and I got some food that won't immediately go bad. I bought coconut milk, potatoes, onions, chili sauce, and a free avocado. I also got a kilo of white rice, so I'm hoping to start cooking for myself this week. My charcoal arrives tomorrow, so I'm excited about that! It will be my first time cooking on a jiko. Exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment