Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 19, Morning Ramblings

Last night we were mobbed by adorable, friendly children at the movie showing we went to outside of Tanga. They had a projection screen and speakers and planned to play a movie called "Chumo", which is about malaria. The showing didn't actually work (power blew out and the sound was having problems anyway), so apparently they're doing it again tonight. The group of us had a good time interacting with the children, but I don't plan on going again. The little guys were adorable, but I had enough of the twelve year-olds hitting on me. We did see a bunch of the PC staff, including my LCF named PJ. They're all here because the new training class for Environment/Health is coming in very shortly. I am gunning for a health volunteer in my village! There's a pretty good chance I could have a real site mate, so I'm really hoping that's the case.

We got dinner in the city at around 9:00. I got a fruit plate and split some chipsi mayai with Amy and managed to keep all of it down--YES. Then I came back to VETA and we took some more obnoxious photos with my PhotoBooth program. So far we've been pretty tired/low-key/irritable as a group. I think it's partially the heat, partially the long training days. I've personally been bummed about my bf not being able to be here. Plus my health still being a bit sub-par. I think that's just how it's going to be until I can get my diet on track, but I am doing better than I was when I had the double-infections, so I'm happy. Regardless, hopefully a dance party will happen soon. I am down to boogie. And act crazy with Amy, Amanda, Hannah, and Anna in particular.

Today is our last day of malaria training. Hopefully tonight will be interesting so I'll have something better to post. So far all I've done today is battle with a khanga. I decided I'd rather just wear a mismatched outfit (purple skirt and a TZ jersey) than deal with trying to get that khanga to wrap around my body the right way. It's super stiff and just won't conform to my hips properly. I am off to breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment