Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 23, Chilling with Sarah Flynn

I can't get internet to work on my computer, so I am using my kindle. I will keep this short and sweet.

Sarah Flynn is visiting me here in Lushoto. She just finished her two years in Zambia as a PC health volunteer. We are friends from home, so I am super psyched. Anyway yesterday I met two people in Lushoto who were named Abuu and Jasmine. Aladdin and Jaffar must be missing....

Today Hannah, Sarah, and I ended up walking to the Irente Viewpoint. Beautiful walk to a beautiful view. We got a ride back in a truck from two guys who work out of Mombo. They were very nice people. It was also cool to check out the jams and such they sell at Irente Farm. They even have sour cream there!

We had delicious chipsi both yesterday and today. Amy and Ezra joined us for lunch today, actually. The chipsi bwana missed us. I got a big hug and two cheek kisses. He also gave us invitations to a primary school graduation that had been left in his possession. We were invited by the guy who founded our schools, but we didn't actually go see them graduate.

Very chilly here tonight but the weather was great today. Interesting pencil sharpener here at Lawns....sodomistic and Australian.

No comments:

Post a Comment