Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 6, Tanga Is Cursed

We started with fourty-seven volunteers and we are already down to fourty-four. One recently ET'ed (ET means ealy termination. Meaning you resign. There is also medical and administrative separation.) and now two of my fellow Tanganites are leaving due to a medical problem (Married Couple). I am just praying the number doesn't go down to forty-three...

Anyway, this just reaffirms my feeling that the Tanga region really is cursed. I hope that no one else has to be sent back stateside anytime soon!!!!

On that note, my mefloquin nightmares  have been worsening. I may switch to Doxy if the PC doctor ever returns my calls. I have been sick again, so I decided to check in, but I have gotten no response. I also got no reply about the mole I have that suddenly changed, so I assume that means I'm in the clear.

I cooked myself eggs for breakfast. I then cooked one of the two giant bunches of spinach I have in a tomato-onion-oil medley. I also managed to boil a lot of water, so I will be better able to keep hydrated. I wish I had a steripen. And pot holders. I have been using my khanga, but it just is really awkward to pick up pots that way.

I was gawked at by a large group of children while cooking, so I tried to teach them my name. My water buckets were also refilled today-I'm spoiled and had people bring me water before I could go do it myself. Tanzanians are wicked hospitable.

I am hoping to go running later today, though lately I am completely exhausted. I could pass out right about now, even though I slept for ten hours. I am not sure if it is connected to my belly problems, or related to the nightmares. Last night I had such a vivid dream about having hives that I half-asleep got up to take some Benadryl. I also had another dream about an older man getting into my house at night. Very scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment